Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 52 - 56

Day 52 - Shipment Arrival!

I planned to stay home all day on this day because our shipment was scheduled to arrive.  They were scheduled to be at the apartment at 9:30 AM, so of course they didn't arrive until 11 AM.  Apparently, our apartment is very difficult to find.  I ended up talking to the guy on his cell phone and gave him turn by turn directions so he could make it.




First, they piled up the boxes in the stairway so they could load them on the elevator.


Once inside, they started unpacking.  It was a whirlwind and I was having a hard time keeping up.  I managed to itemize every box and account for everything.  I was so proud.  Jaxson played with the wheels on his umbrella stroller for about 15 minutes.



Finally, some things to make this place feel like home.  Kristy has a lot of work to do here, but I'm glad for her decorating sense.


Jaxson found his drum from his G-ma, Vicki.  I love this drum and so does Jaxson.  It is hand carved from Africa.



I forgot we packed most of these things.  I'm not sure how I did it, but I even forgot that I packed my guitar.  I was really happy to have it back.


Jaxson's cool chair above.


With all of our boxes arriving, we needed to take ANOTHER trip to Ikea.  I really think we are on the verge of a record for the number of trips to Ikea.  Kristy got really brave and decided to drive on the highway for her first time.  She did really good.  She was cutting people off like a pro in no time.  By the way, cutting people off makes you a good driver here.


Kristy decorated our bed with some pillows and blankets that came in the shipment from back West.  I  like it like this.

Day 53

Day 53 came and went.  I started hanging curtains.  It was a pain in the butt.  I went through 2 masonry bits and still didn't get all of the curtains hung.


The curtains in Jaxson's room are great because they keep out the sun during nap time.


Jaxson and I took a trip up to Kristy's school because she was working late that night and I made her some spaghetti.  These fish are from her school.  


Day 54

I was excited for day 54 because the iPad was finally ready.  Jaxson and I drove up to the Mid Valley Mega Mall again and this time I took my time looking around.

I spotted a Mickey Mouse exhibit right in the middle of the mall on the 3rd floor.


Giant Mickey


Tron Mickey


Pirates of the Caribbean Mickey


Spiderman Mickey


When I got back home I hung the last curtain to complete the living room.


Day 55

We visited the River Walk on Day 55.  It was fun and we got to talk to a lot of the teachers who have families and little kids at the school.  I only got one picture on my phone so enjoy.  If you look really closely you can see some monkeys.  They started getting aggressive so we had to leave.  I thought I was going to have to wrestle a monkey.  Even though I'm sure I would incur some cuts and scrapes, I think I would win in a fight with a monkey.



Later that day, Kristy had to go into her classroom to finalize some lesson plans.  Jaxson and I stayed home.  I wanted him to be able to color, but I didn't want crayon all over the place.  So, I devised this "coloring chair".  Basically, I put paper on his high chair.


Day 56

On Day 56 we went to the Pavilion Mall for some lunch and light shopping.  We needed a few things for dinner and for Kristy's classroom.  We found a little Japanese grill place downstairs in the mall.  It was called Teppan-Yaki.  It was so-so and we probably won't eat there again.  Our favorite spot, Din Tai Fung was booked and we were too hungry to wait.  Next time.


They cook in front of you and then place your food on tin foil on the edge of the cooking surface.


I was surprised that Jaxson liked the bean sprouts.  He just kept wanting more.


  

Hmmmm...                   Okay, just a little....                  Yummmm....


They had giant kites hanging from the ceiling and a decorative floral display on the stairs.  Kristy and I went to the main floor to get our favorite coffee drink from one of our favorite places.  The place is called "The Coffee Bean".  We love it.



This is a fountain that was outside the mall.


Yet another dessert display.  I didn't get a dessert from here.  Actually, I had just had Chicago Cheesecake from The Coffee Bean, but I wanted more dessert.  I tried a dessert that I had never seen before though.  It was a chocolate and cream mixture wrapped in a dumpling of some sort.  I was not expecting the dumpling taste so it threw me off a bit.  I didn't finish the rest of the dessert after the first bite.  My curiosity was satiated.

You will all be happy to know that you are all caught up on the Godbout Adventures!  Hopefully, I can keep it up to date now that I am all caught up too.  It was a busy couple of weeks, but it seems to have evened out now.  Thanks for reading.

~ Until Tomorrow ~

No comments:

Post a Comment